We are inquisitive.
We are innovative.
We are driven.
We are optimistic.
We are global.
Twenty five years after the dedication of the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center, we are relaunching the human rights outreach and engagement programs of the Center as Dodd Human Rights Impact (Dodd Impact). To build on and leverage the synergies of UConn’s human rights programs, Dodd Impact joins the Human Rights Institute (HRI) to create one of the most dynamic centers of human rights teaching, research, and engagement anywhere in the world.
- Clean Energy – Made in Germany: EnBW Offshore Wind Showcase at UConnMarch 29, 2021 | As part of the successful partnership between Connecticut and the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg in Germany, the University of Connecticut and the German Consulate in Boston welcomed members of EnBW North America for a virtual presentation on renewable energy entitled “Made in Germany”.Posted on March 29, 2021
- Should We Block the Sun? Scientists Say the Time Has Come to Study It.March 25, 2021 | Should We Block the Sun? Scientists Say the Time Has Come to Study It. New York Times Article by Christopher Flavelle.Posted on March 25, 2021
- Mimouna: The Next Generation Celebrating the Israeli-Moroccan Cultural AllianceMarch 23, 2021 | Partner Event Announcement: Mimouna is a North African Jewish celebration that marks the end of Passover. This year, in light of the historic peace agreement between Israel and Morocco, it is also a celebration of the cultural bridges between the two nations and the artistic collaborations between their people.Posted on March 23, 2021
- UConn Partners with FutureLearn to Expand Digital Education Presence Globally February 23, 2021The University of Connecticut has partnered with FutureLearn, one of the world’s leading social learning platforms, to begin offering courses globally as massive open online courses.Emily Zangari
- VIDEO: UConn Students From China Get to Attend In-Person Classes at Home February 3, 2021UConn students from China are taking in-person classes 7,300 miles from Connecticut, thanks to partnerships with two Chinese universities.Mike Enright '88 (CLAS), University Communications
- ‘These Were Haunting Events’: Researchers Study Migrant Precarity During Pandemic in US, India January 5, 2021An interdisciplinary group of researchers is designing a toolkit of methods to study the problems faced by migrant workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.Tom Breen
- UConn Magazine: For Scott Wallace, Remote Learning Means Getting Off the Beaten Path December 16, 2020The photographer and National Geographic contributor shares some of the hard-won wisdom he imparts to UConn’s lucky journalism students.Lisa Stiepock
- A Call to Action for Science December 8, 2020Three UConn researchers are among a group of scientists calling on policymakers and the public to put data and scientific evidence at the heart of fraught questions like the COVID-19 pandemic.Elaina Hancock
- This calendar has no events scheduled at this time.